Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurricane Ike Update

I can not even begin to express what the last two weeks have been like. it has been such  roller-coaster. My prayers are with all the victims of Ike. I know a lot of folks have been praying for me and my family, and I thank you.


I apologize to everyone who has sent me email. I have received them. If there is something you feel I may have missed feel free to sent me another note. I will be with you as soon as I can.

Most of you know I live and work out of Dickinson. Due to the many prayers and notes of concern I have received I feel like I am truly blessed with some of the best friends and family a person can ask for. I promise I will be getting back with you all as soon as I can.

I know most of you would like to know if your images are safe. The answer is yes. Everything was backed up. However, the good news is that it looks like my house was spared flooding. However, I have many very large trees in and around my house. It is still unknown at this time what kind of damage I have.

I have organized, and I will be making a very early morning assessment of needs. I am not going in to stay. This is a chance for me to get everything out to run the business as a daily basis from San Antonio. I do not believe it is safe or smart to stay at my office at this time. I am only going to be there long enough to receive what I need to continue daily operations, and to secure the house. For those who are rightfully concerned about me I have made appropriate arrangements, and my journalism background will be very helpful in this situation (meaning I have plenty of food and water for a week and I won't do anything stupid.)

Any prayers of comment of concerns are appreciated.

Thank you,
Jason

No comments: