Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hurricane Ike Assessment

Monday 3am I get a phone call from my father, "You up?!". I reply "Yes."

In reality I thought it was 4:00am or 4:30am and I had slept through my alarm. No, not so after about ten minutes of stumbling around for my clothes. I realized my dad was nutz! But, I actually knew that already.

We drove to Houston arriving to my office just after sunrise, so here is the good and the bad. I am not a bad news first sort of person. So, here is the good. Nothing, was destroyed. Nadda, nuthin', zeltch personal property was destroyed. Thank you for all the prayers.

However, every single power pole was destroyed. Every pole will have to be dug up and re-planted. I am without power for the long hall. There is a 50 foot pine tree that fell due to the storm, in my neighbors back yard, that the 75 foot pine tree in my yard is holding up. One good gust of wind and I will have a tree parked in my office.

Trees fell everywhere in my neighborhood. Barely missing my truck, that will never die, by just an inch or two. The other bad news. The city is having complete failure of the sewage system. A good friend of mine had his house flooded by raw sewage. Apparently, I am not out of the woods yet.

Engagement Sessions and Bridal Sessions for this weekend are canceled. I am getting more operations up everyday, and getting some help from fellow photographers which I will be posted about here soon.

I would love to hear from all my clients with weddings over the next two months shoot me an email at photographer@jasonconnel.com, or leave a comment here.

My prayers continue to be with s all.

Enjoy!
Jason
www.jasonconnel.com

No comments: