Sunday, January 27, 2008

Galveston Bay Shrimp Boat & Copyright Concerns

I wanted to share this image I took recently in the Galveston Bay. It is of a shrimp boat with seagulls looking for a meal. I try to get out when I can to photograph things of a different nature from time to time, so I thought I would share.

On a more serious note. I love to see when my clients use the work I created for them on their own, websites, blogs, and networking websites such as MySpace. It really is the ultimate form of complimenting what I do. However, I have noticed a few folks cropping out my logo, and or not giving me a little love for those really ultra cool and hip pics.. (hopefully they are ultra cool... LOL!). There is a lot of you that have also purchased the hi-resolution images on disk as well. The paper work included with that ask that credit be given to me if images are used on a personal website.

I ask if you are using images in one of these situations that you please give me credit on your site. It helps other folks find me, and it really helps with my business. By doing so is like saying thank you. I allow such use as a thank you for being a customer. Every image I create is protected by copyright laws. It is because of these laws that a profession such of mine can exist, and I would love to be able to continue to provide my services for years to come. So, if you can take the time to mention my website on your site I would appreciate it.

Enjoy!
Jason

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to address this issue. I love how gently you put it out there that credit should be given where credit is due! Other phtographers thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason,
Kevin and Shila here, as good as our pictures turned out, we usually end up telling eveyone who did them and how to get in touch before they have time to see the copyright anyway :-) great work!!!

Bold Imagery by Jason Connel said...

Kevin and Shila,

Awe! Thank you! You guys are awesome! I have something very special for you guys! I can't wait for you to see it.

Jessica Del Vecchio said...

Love the image! Gorgeous!

wiljax said...

Great image Jason. Personal projects are so important in helping us keep fresh perspectives for our clients. I would love to see more of your work like this--I'm sure you've got quite a bit of it!