Sunday, November 26, 2006

Campaign for Real Beauty


On a serious note. Dove has got this wonderful campaign Campaign for Real Beauty. Simple name, but it is very powerful. I have seen this in person. I have worked on projects and seen these things happen first hand. It is a pretty true as to what happens on a high end fashion campaign.

Watch the video folks. It is real. Beauty is so much more than skin deep. I think in todays age people place way too much on outward appearance. A shower once a week will do a lot for a person. LOL! Photoshop is a very powerful tool, and 90% of what is seen today is so fake. It is just wrong.

Tell someone how beautiful they are today. Try to see the person through their skin. Look deeper for the warm glow of true beauty. Support Dove in the wonderful effort they are making to change lives.

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

This is so true! I saw this on Good Morning America about a month ago and it is truly amazing what makeup and Photoshop can do. I think it's especially important for women to remember when we start to compare ourselves to models and actresses in magazines and on TV that it isn't real life that we are viewing. Thanks to Jason for posting this!

Bold Imagery by Jason Connel said...

Ashlee,

Thank you for your comments! Your absolutely right.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is such a powerful video! It's funny... I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to the store, and the DJ was talking about his wife has decided to go on a diet. He said she has even gone so far as to cut women's body parts from magazines and tape them around the house! As he talked more, I felt myself relating to his wife more and more (besdies the fact that she wore a size 2)! I got so caught up in what runway and magazine brides looked like, that I made it a GOAL to lose 40 lbs before my wedding, or I would call it off! Now that I look back, I realize that Adam (my husband of almost 2 months) loved me and asked me to marry him WITH the extra 40 lbs., so why did I almost kill myself to get so thin. I love this site, and I love its message even more! Thanks again for sharing it Jason!

Bold Imagery by Jason Connel said...

Ashley,

That is such a wonderful story. You two were/are great and you were/are a beautiful bride.

WOW! 40lbs. No way. I did not think you were overweight. It is rare I find one of these models in today's media good looking. Here are images from Ashley and Adam's engagement session. Common folks chime in here.

Adam is right you are perfect as you are. I am glad my post helped. Besides I think most of those models are from space... Somewhere far far away.... LOL!!!

Thanks!
J