Friday, November 17, 2006

Summer's First Hair Cut

It is hard to believe our youngest is now three-years-old. It felt like yesterday all of our family had gathered round for the birth of our third daughter.

The day was filled with happiness and immense fear. We almost lost both Danielle and Summer that day, but we had some wonderful doctors that took care of us. Witnessing a c-section was one of the most amazing things I have seen.

Let me tell you. I have seen some pretty crazy stuff. I have been in the pits with some of the most famous racecar drivers in the world on the most famous race track in the country. I have photographed the President. I have met Steven Tyler. I have walked in burning buildings with some of the finest heroes this country has known.

Yet a c-section. A procedure repeated thousands of times everyday is what I find amazing.

I remember carrying Summer out of the delivery room. As the nurse and I walked down the hall I could see my mom and Danielle's mom standing in the hallway standing nervously. I said nothing. I knew what was coming next, and I did not want to miss a thing.

Now, it has been three years, and it was her first donation to Locks of Love. Everyone of our daughters has donated to this wonderful cause with their first haircut. Summer's hair was getting too long. As you will see she was very happy with her new hair. "I can see daddy!," is what she said.

Lina at Great Clips just did a wonderful job! Lina if you read this I just want to say you ROCK! She is studying to be a nurse, and she is a self-admitted perfectionist. Thank you for being part of this special moment!

In the slideshow "Buddy" makes an appearance. This is Summer's favorite toy. There is a lot of really good stories with "Buddy."

Well, I hope you enjoy this one! Check out the slideshow right here!

Jason








2 comments:

Liz Power Photography said...

Brought back some memories, my friend, thanks for sharing.

Poppy

Anonymous said...

She is going to like having that short hair I think! Pretty darn Cute buddy!