Saturday, February 09, 2008

Cindy and Paul - Day Two



Friday morning started with breakfast. I was so tired. Then I was editing away, because at breakfast I had a sideshow to show folks from Thursday.

Cabin Bluff took care of everything. Every meal, bait for fishing, shotguns for shooting, and golf clubs for golfing was all thing you could do there. That isn't all there was so much more too! If there was anything you wanted to do or try they would make it happen. The staff at Cabin Bluff was just as wonderful as wedding guests.


More than anything else Cindy and Paul wanted to make sure my wife and I had fun as well. Friday morning we took a boat ride around Cumberland Island and a little fishing too. As for par, I caught... well nothing... My wife caught a few. However, the highlight of the trip was the boat tour. We got to see a lot of the local wildlife including the wild horses that have lived there for well over 200 years. Ray our boat captain took us ashore for a little (BIG) alligator hunting (sight seeing). The large gator lives in the pond of Plum Orchard, an 1898 Georgian Revival mansion (the picture above) building by Lucy Carnegie for her son, George and his wife, Margaret Thaw.


After lunch I met up with Cindy, her father, brother Christian, Lynn her husband EC, and Kadia for a little clay shooting. My wife, Danielle, decided to enjoy a book she was reading down by the water. It was wet, but very fun. Patrick, our guide was just a blast!

Then everyone met up for a sunset cruise around Cumberland Island before dinner. So, much to do, and everyone made Danielle and I feel welcome. When we came back it was rehearsal time. The ceremony was 24 hours away, and it was time to practice. Everyone but the required personnel went to enjoy the raw oyster bar.

Here is the slideshow.

Enjoy!
Jason
www.jasonconnel.com



Nice Beretta over under shotguns for clay shooting.

Cindy and her dad.

Cindy and Kadia having a shoot out. They are competitive folks too! Kadia is the son of Ruth, one of General Schwarzkopf's sisters.
A shell flying out of Cindy's Beretta semi-automatic shotgun.
I love it! To get to see two families coming together. This is a great shot of the Karmazyn's with the General. I love to capture that split second moment of peak emotion. It only last a fraction a second. The shot before and after are good, but this one is the best.
Cindy and Jessica with their dad.

Cindy a little wind blown during the sunset cruise. I love this shot.
Karmazyn's at the rehearsal.
Cindy and Paul at the rehearsal learning their vows.
Being a father of three daughters myself a scene like this always chokes me up.
Ruth and her son after dinner. Love that smile!
Stephanie, the Artichoke Queen (A little inside joke... but she earns the title tomorrow... LOL!) eating oysters for the first time.

Mr. Russ Parsons tells us all at dinner a very funny story.
Oh! Did I mention the wild hog hunt terrorizing the folks at Cabin Bluff after dinner! LOL!!!

No comments: