Saturday, January 24, 2009

Car Fire - League City, Tx


It is not often that I get to play photojournalist in the traditional sense. No matter how many times I see something like this I am amazed at how our modern conveniences can turn tragically against us.

This car fire started around lunch time in the parking lot of the Whataburger in League City just off FM 646 and Interstate 45. According to a witness I spoke with, a man, identified as the driver of the Dodge Durango, was eating his meal in his SUV when smoke starting pouring out of the hood. Shortly, after that 911 was called. No one was injured in the incedent according to League City police.

I was fortune enough to have my gear with me, and was going to my bank when I saw the car fire. There was an explosion of some type as I pulled into the drive way. I also got a pretty interesting shot of the battery exploding as well.

Jason
www.jasonconnel.com







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are awesome Jason.

They tell the story very well. Your timing was perfect!

Jaci Clark said...

Holy cow, Jason! What a thing to witness. Great images!

Cheers,
Jaci

Telgenhoff Photographers said...

Wow! You should send those into the local paper!

krishna kashyap av said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.